Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Dam

I've owned a Pontiac Grand Am (a.k.a. The Dam) for about 5 years. During that time I have driven over 130,000 miles behind the wheel. That's equivalent to circling the Earth's Equator 5 times. It's not a very sexy looking car, but it's been through alot with me and I hate to see it go.

The Dam has been plagued with problems lately, ranging from oil leaks to coolant system failures. The paint is beginning to chip and there's a crack in the windshield from 3 rocks hitting the exact same spot on 3 different occaisons while driving on the freeway. I'm very sentimental toward this car, but I'm going to have to start looking for a new one if the Dam gives me any more problems after I fully fix the oil leak and coolant system. I need reliable transportation next semester, but no matter what replacement car I buy, it will have big shoes to fill.


In Memory of The Beloved Dam, 2007

No comments: